How can I purchase a lantern?
– The best way to purchase a fixture is just to give us a call. With so many different options available, we have found that direct communication is the best way to ensure you receive just what you are looking for.
What are my payment options?
– Copper Works accepts all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Checks made payable to Carmody Copper Works and of course cash.
Approximately how long will it take to receive my fixture?
– Generally the lead times for most orders are between 3-5 weeks. We will give you a more accurate idea when you place your order.
Which fixtures do you currently keep in stock?
– Currently Copper Works does not keep much in the way of stocked fixtures. Each lantern is hand made for specific clients.
How do I create a custom fixture?
– At this time we only offer custom fixtures through the trade. We are always more than happy to create a one of a kind fixture, but that process is reserved for your designer or architect.
Is gas an available option for Copper Works lanters?
– We offer gas as on option for a number of our fixture. We also have the ability to build custom fixtures using propane or natural gas. Just ask and we will let you know about the availability of gas in our fixtures.
What is the best way to clean my fixture?
– One of the reasons for purchasing copper lanterns is the rich patina that occurs after a period of time. While this process is taking place, your lantern may appear to be dirty. This is actually the natural oxidation of copper and brass. For most customers this is their desired look, therefore we only recommend removing dirt and dust by using a soft dry cloth. Cleaning chemicals and abrasive pads can sain the lantern and will strip away the beautiful finish that you are trying to achieve. Glass should be cleaned by spraying a glass cleaner directly on to a towel and then wiping down the glass. Never spray cleaners directly on glass.
What if I want my lanterns to remain raw copper?
– Raw fixtures are shipped with a wax coating that will wear off in a few months. This coating is applied to ensure that you receive your fixture clean of fingerprints and oils that will occur during the installation process. Once this wax wears off the beautiful natural oxidation process will begin. If you desire a year round raw finish on your lantern, we can apply a clear lacquered coating. This will help to retard the natural oxidation process. But a recoating may be required at some time do to the fact that nothing can stand up to outside elements forever.